Police kill Glasgow knife attacker after he stabs 3 to death

Police kill Glasgow knife attacker after he stabs 3 to death

A Glasgow knife attacker was shot dead by police after he went on a stabbing rampage in the central part of Glasgow on Friday.

The man attacked a number of people in a busy street and local media said there were multiple fatalities.

Emergency crews swooped on the area in the afternoon as the Glasgow stabbing spree unfolded.

Scottish police confirmed that a male suspect was shot by an officer. Another police officer was injured in dealing with the incident, it added.

BBC said three people are believed to have died after being stabbed in the stairwell of a hotel, though there was no official confirmation of the fatalities.

The suspect was shot dead by police as armed officers descended on the main road.

An eyewitness told Sky News she had seen several people covered in blood being treated by emergency services, and armed police on the scene, at around 1.15 p.m. (1215 GMT). The TV channel also said there were fatalities.

Glasgow Police on its twitter account said, “Emergency services are currently dealing with an incident on West George Street in Glasgow.

“The street is currently closed off and the public is asked to avoid the area at present. The situation is contained at this time and there is no danger to the general public.”

Boris Saddened By Knife Attack

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he was “deeply saddened” by the knife attack.

Boris tweeted: “My thoughts are with all the victims and their families… Thank you to our brave emergency services who are responding.”

More On Glasgow Stabbing Spree

The bloodbath is said to have begun in a hotel before spilling out on to the street.

Horrified witnesses say they saw stricken victims being carried from the Park Inn Hotel on stretchers.

One man could be seen lying soaked in blood on steps outside the hotel after the carnage.

The Park Inn Hotel is thought to house asylum seekers.

Leave a Reply